I love buffalo anything… chicken, shrimp, cauliflower, everything. There’s just something about the tangy, vinegary, sauce that just sets my mouth to watering. So, when the folks at Frank’s RedHot asked me to share my favorite buffalo recipe with them, I jumped at the chance. The problem is, my favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip is already on the blog and I needed to come up with something new and different. Feeling the need to stay true to my favorite recipe, I adapted my favorite dip into these AMAZING Buffalo Chicken Dip Cups. Crispy wonton wrappers are filled with creamy and delicious buffalo chicken dip, sprinkled with tangy crumbled blue cheese, and topped with finely chopped celery and green onion. Amazing. Seriously amazing. They’re so easy and perfect for your tailgate or any event for that matter.
Now, let’s make some food…
Start by lining mini muffin tin cups with wonton wrappers. Have a gentle hand with this as some brands tear easily. Is just kind of folder the edges over to make the cup and pressed the seams together. You’ll get a rhythm with this. And don’t stress if you tear a few to start, you won’t use the whole package anyway.
Now, put that cream cheese (half of an 8-ounce package) into a bowl and microwave it until melted, then stir in your Frank’s RedHot Wins Buffalo Sauce. Notice this isn’t straight Frank’s RedHot, but Frank’s Red Hot WINGS sauce. 🙂
Mix that all around…
Now add in your chicken and mix, mix, mix.
Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon of the dip mixture into each of the wonton cups.
Sprinkle with blue cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or just until the wonton edges start to brown.
While those are baking, finely chop your celery and green onion. Place it in a small bowl and toss with the vinegar. Sprinkle the cups with this topping when you’re ready to serve. You can even add a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing if you so desire. 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Dip Cups
- 1 (12-ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Franks RedHot Wings sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely diced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a wonton wrapper into each of 24 wells of a mini muffin tin, crimping together at the edges to form a cup.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the cream cheese in the microwave. Stir in the buffalo wing sauce. Add the chicken and mix well. Place a heaping tablespoon of the chicken dip mixture into each wonton cup and sprinkle the tops with the crumbled blue cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes to until the edge of the wonton cups just start to brown.
- Mix the celery, green onion, and vinegar in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the cups when ready to serve.