This post is sponsored by the folks at Wright Brand Bacon, but the opinions here are my own, just as always. 🙂
In just a few days we’ll be ringing in 2016! I can hardly believe it. We’re not big on going out to ring in the new year. We’d much rather just be surrounded by some close friends and great food – which is where we’ll be found this year. 🙂 We’ll whip up some our favorite appetizers and snacks and play board games and watch the countdown. How do you ring in the new year?
One of the things that we always have on the menu is stuffed mushrooms – especially these Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms made with thick cut Wright Brand Bacon. They’re super easy to make and don’t take much time to make like some other stuffed mushroom recipes. I’ve been making them for years but just recently realized I’d never shared them with y’all! Let me show you how easy and delicious these can be…
Start with 6 slices of Wright Brand thick cut bacon. You know anything that starts with bacon is gonna be good, right?? I like to use the Hickory Smoked Bacon, but the Applewood is great in this too. See all the amazing varieties on their site.
Cook it until crisp, then drain it on paper towels and chop it up. Drain away all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. But don’t discard that extra! Save it!
In the meantime, clean your mushrooms with a clean kitchen towel and remove the stems. Place the mushrooms caps on a lightly greased jelly roll pan. Chop the stems finely. Place the pan with the reserved bacon grease back over the heat and cook the chopped mushroom stems until tender.
In a large bowl, combine the chopped bacon, cooked mushroom stems, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Place a heaping teaspoonful (or more) of the stuffing mixture into each of the mushroom caps. Bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.
See how easy that was. And wait till you taste these babies… you’ll wish you made a double batch! Do you have a favorite New Year’s recipe that includes bacon? If so, be sure to tell me about it in the comments below! Happy New year, y’all!
Bacon and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly grease a jelly-roll pan.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. While the bacon cooks, use a clean dish towel to wipe the mushrooms clean. Remove the stems and coarsely chop them. Place the caps on the baking sheet.
- Once the bacon is crispy, drain it on paper towels and then crumble it. Pour away all but 2 tablespoons of the remaining bacon grease.
- Return the skillet with the remaining bacon grease to the heat. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook until they are tender. Pour the cooked mushroom stems into a large bowl, and add the crumbled bacon, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder,
- and Parmesan cheese. Stir gently to combine. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each of the mushroom caps. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the filling is heated through.