If you take nothing away from this blog, I hope you’ll at least try this recipe. As a kid, this was my favorite thing for my Mom to make me. Special occasions like a 100 on a spelling test or making the “all A” honor roll were always celebrated with a batch of this Oreo delight. And that was a big deal. For my family, this was an expensive recipe! It ‘s funny though, when I look back, I don’t think I ever knew we didn’t have much money or that we were any different than any other family. My parents sacrificed, my dad working crazy long hours, for my mom to be able to stay at home with me when I was little. I look back at those days when Mom would let me play hooky from school and we would scrounge up change to get McDonald’s hamburgers as fun times, not sad ones. As an adult, I realize how much my parents did without so they could give me everything I wanted. It sounds crazy, but having a child of my own, makes me realize even more how much I love my parents and how much they love me. And this little recipe was one of my Mom’s many ways of saying “I Love You”! Y’all enjoy!
- 1 pkg regular Oreo cookies
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
- 2 – 8 oz containers of Cool Whip
- 1 – 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1 large (5.9-ounce) pkg chocolate instant pudding
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- Crush entire bag of Oreo cookies using a food processor (or take out your frustrations and do it manually)
- Reserve 1 cup of Oreo crumbs and mix remaining crumbs with melted butter.
- Press Oreo crumbs/butter mixture into bottom of 9X13 pan to form a crust.
- Mix 1 container of Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and confectioners sugar in a large bowl. A mixer might be handy here.
- Spread the Cool Whip/cream cheese/sugar mixture on top of the packed crumbs.
- Mix the pudding and milk. Allow to set.
- Spread the pudding over the previous layer.
- Spread the other container of Cool Whip on top.
- Top with reserved Oreo crumbs. Chill and enjoy!