I’m so excited to share this amazing recipe and super cool announcement with y’all. If you’ve followed me for any length of time, you know about my amazing relationships with Martha White and White Lily. Well, as a Martha White Ambassador, I super excited to announce that Martha White is a new partner with the Country Music Association. And trust me, that’s huge for me and for you!
It’s good for me because I get to attend the live taping of the CMA Country Christmas special and give y’all a behind the scenes look at all the awesomeness. How cool is that?!? (If I meet Jennifer Nettles, do y’all promise to come see me in the hospital?) But it’s great for you because Martha White is giving away 4 round trips for two to the 49th Annual CMA Awards which will air LIVE from the Bridgestone Arena Wednesday, November 4 at 8|7c on ABC. Say what?!?! Yep! The prize package includes tickets to the CMA Awards, round trip airfare, meals, tickets to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and they’ll even drive you around when you’re in Nashville – which is totally one my favorite cities, by the way. I can tell you all the great places to go and eat!! 🙂 Click over here to the Martha White Facebook page to enter! | Official Rules | The CMA Awards Promotion ends at midnight on September 30th, so get your entry in today! Right now! Now. Click it!
To celebrate, the folks at Martha White have developed recipe especially for Southern Bite! How cool is that?!? This Songbird Sweet Potato Skillet is absolutely divine. Made with the new Sweet Potato Muffin mix it has cinnamon, pecans, and swirls of cream cheese. It’s great as dessert and even better for breakfast – almost like a coffee cake! I just know y’all will love it as much as we did! I really love it best when it’s warm, so be sure to try it that way.
Songbird Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 (7 oz.) packages Martha White® Sweet Potato Muffin Mix
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Spray 10-inch round cast iron skillet or 9-inch square cake pan with
- no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR all topping ingredients together in small bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar together in medium bowl until smooth. Add egg and beat
- STIR together all ingredients in medium bowl just until smooth. Pour into prepared
- skillet. Spoon filling over batter. Swirl with knife bringing some batter to the top.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cook on wire rack. Serve warm or at
- room temperature. Store in refrigerator.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.
You can also enter to win this sweet little prize pack to help celebrate the CMA Awards and Martha White complete with Martha White Mixes, a stainless steel bowl, and these fun drum stick spoons!! How cool are those? Details below…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Join my friends and fellow Martha White Ambassadors to check out their great recipes made with Martha White, too! You can also enter to win their giveaways as well so you can quadruple your chance of winning that sweet prize pack!
This post is sponsored by Martha White and the J.M. Smucker Company. All opinions within are my own… just as always. 🙂