Salted Caramel Bacon Monkey Bread
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 8 to 10 servings, depending on size
- 10 slices Wright Brand Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated honey butter flavor biscuits (regular biscuits will work fine, too)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cook the bacon over medium low heat to crisp and drain it on paper towels. Coarsely chop the bacon and set aside.
Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. In a gallon-size zip-top bag, combine the white sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Add the biscuit pieces and close the bag. Toss the biscuits pieces to coat them in the cinnamon sugar.
Spray a Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, then layer the biscuits pieces and bacon in the pan.
Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and salt and mix well. This may take some effort, but they will eventually mix together. Pour the mixture over the biscuits and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then place a platter over the pan and invert. Serve warm.