Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup Martha White Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix
- vegetable oil or peanut oil for frying
Mix the chicken breast pieces and ranch dressing mix together in a small bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes to allow it to marinate.
Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven to about 350°F.
Place the flour in one small bowl. Whisk the egg and water together in another bowl. Place the cornmeal in a third bowl.
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and dredge each piece in the flour, dip it in the egg wash, then coat it with the cornmeal. Fry in batches for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or simply by themselves.