The CMA Awards are coming up next week and I’ve got the perfect recipe to go along with Country’s biggest night! My friends at Martha White are sponsoring the Country Music Association so it only makes sense to include some Martha White deliciousness in my recipe. These Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites are the perfect way to highlight one of my favorite Martha White products, Self-Rising Cornmeal.
We love the CMA Awards at our house. It’s one of the few awards shows we can still watch as a family and not have to worry about having to cover Jack’s eyes for some of the performances. And those performances are our favorite part. Since this is the 50th annual awards show, it promises to be amazing.
While you’re watching, much on these Chicken Bites. They’re easy and packed with some amazing flavor from the ranch mix and the cornmeal gives them some incredible crunch that my fam-jam just loved. I could barely get the picture shot before they scarfed down these things.
My recipe is part of the Martha White Recipe Swap to celebrate the CMA Awards! And the folks at Martha White are giving away an amazing prize pack. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the deets. And be sure to tune in to the CMA Awards November 2nd on ABC. Check your local listings for times and stations.
Be sure to visit all my friends and see what they’ve brought along for the Recipe Swap!
Chocolate Chip Muffin Crumb Bars – I Wash You Dry
Chocolate Chip Muffin Waffle Sundaes – Mommy’s Kitchen
Sweet Maple Cornbread – Plain Chicken
Red Carpet Sweet Potato Cupcakes – Southern Pantry
Country Cornbread Sliders – Southern Plate
Pumpkin Pineapple Upside Down Cake – The Country Cook
Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites
- 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup Martha White Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix
- vegetable oil or peanut oil for frying
- Mix the chicken breast pieces and ranch dressing mix together in a small bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes to allow it to marinate.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven to about 350°F.
- Place the flour in one small bowl. Whisk the egg and water together in another bowl. Place the cornmeal in a third bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and dredge each piece in the flour, dip it in the egg wash, then coat it with the cornmeal. Fry in batches for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or simply by themselves.
This super cool prize pack can be yours! Simply comment below with your favorite Martha White product and you’ll be entered to win. (Contest ends Nov. 2, 2016 at 11:59 ET. US residents only. Must be 18.)