If you’re looking for a super easy meal with hardly an work at all, I’ve got you covered. This Chicken and Wild Rice Bake is amazingly easy. Like super duper easy. Like You won’t believe how ridiculously easy. If you can stir ingredients together, you can make this hearty, delicious, comforting dish without any problem at all.
This is literally all you have to have for this recipe: chicken, cream of mushroom, frozen peas and carrot, and some Rice-a-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice. You’ll also need some water and salt and pepper, but chances are you’ve already got that. 🙂
Now, let’s talk about this rice mix for a second. To make this work, you must use the Rice-a-Roni mix just like in the picture. Other mixes, both this brand and others, have varying amounts of rice in them and chances are the dish just won’t work. I developed this recipe to use this once specifically. In doing so, I made sure this specific mix is available at most major grocery retailers. I checked and found it nearly everywhere.
Like I said, this dish is as easy as stirring the ingredients together and putting them in a baking dish. And while it takes about an hour to cook, it gives you plenty of time to get homework done, get the kids bathed, or just sit and enjoy 60 minutes of nothing. 🙂
But don’t think that this dish is bland because it lacks ingredients. The seasoning packet in the rice mix provides tons of flavor to both the rice and the chicken.
I can’t wait for y’all to try this one! Oh! And if carrots and peas aren’t your thing, mix in some frozen green beans, corn, or other vegetable of your choice! Enjoy!
Chicken and Wild Rice Bake
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4.3-ounce) box Rice-a-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice mix *
- 1 (10 to 12-ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the undiluted mushroom soup, water, and packet of seasoning from the rice mix. Remove about 1/2 cup of the mixture, set aside. Stir in the rice and the peas and carrots.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Add the chicken pieces evenly spaced. Salt and pepper the chicken. Pour the reserved sauce mix over the chicken.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. The chicken should register 165°F on a instant read thermometer.
Looking for another quick, easy, and DELICIOUS chicken and rice meal? Check out this Chicken Scampi with Garlic Parmesan Rice from my buddy Mandy over at South Your Mouth! It looks goo-ood!