I’m so excited to share this amazingly easy and delicious recipe with y’all! It’s from an amazing new cookbook, Quick-Shop-&-Prep 5 Ingredient Baking. This is the debut cookbook from my dear friend and fellow blogger Jennifer McHenry of BakeorBreak.com. Jennifer is one of the sweetest people I know and that girl has some mad baking skills. Everything that I’ve made from her has turned out perfectly – I don’t really fancy myself a baker. Nonetheless, I knew her book would be nothing short if amazing… and that’s exactly what it is. You guys are going to love how easy she makes it to bake. She starts with a basic pantry of items and adds a few extra ingredients to make the most delectable treats! From the Cream Cheese-Filled Chocolate Chip Blondies to the Black Bottom Coconut Pie to this amazing Triple Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie – there’s literally something in here for everyone.
This Skillet Cookie caught my attention because you mix and bake it all right in your skillet! How easy is that!?!? And it tastes absolutely awesome. Whip it up, grab some spoons and some vanilla ice cream and dessert is served! What an incredible family treat! Y’all enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Cook over medium heat until the butter has melted. Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the butter mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the cooled butter mixture, and stir until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the dough evenly in the skillet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes , or until golden brown. Serve warm.