I’m super excited to share this new recipe with y’all. It comes from my pal Jackie’s new cookbook – Biscuits: Sweet and Savory Southern Recipes for the All-American Kitchen! You probably recognize her name from her popular blog over at Syrup and Biscuits. She’s always serving up good eats over there and now she sharing her heritage and family biscuits recipes in her new book!
I’m so excited for Jackie and this beautiful book that released yesterday! If you love biscuits (and who doesn’t) then you’ll love this book! It’s filled with amazing recipes that will certainly get you thinking outside of regular buttermilk biscuits. With recipes that range from these delicious Strawberries and Cream Biscuits to an amazing Pepperoni Skillet Pizza with a biscuit crust, there’s truly something for everyone in here!
I made these Strawberries and Cream Biscuits and my family went wild over them! I often try recipes out of books and end up never using the recipes again, but I’ve already had requests for these again, so I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that these will be added to the regular rotation at our house. Y’all enjoy!
Get the book here: Biscuits: Sweet and Savory Southern Recipes for the All-American Kitchen
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- cooking oil and granulated sugar for tops
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut or rub in butter until flour resembles coarse meal.
- Add strawberries and heavy cream. Stir until dough is wet and sticky.
- Turn out onto a well-floured surface. Sprinkle dough with flour and gently knead, adding additional flour as needed until dough in no longer sticky.
- Roll out to 1 inch thick. Cut with with a 2½-inch biscuit cutter dipped in flour. Place on a baking sheet oiled or covered in a baking mat.
- Brush tops of biscuits with cooking oil. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in preheated 450° oven for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.