Hey folks! I’m swamped this week getting all the details worked out for J’s birthday party this weekend! So I’ve asked one of my favorite bloggers to take the reigns today and share one of her recipes with y’all. This is one of my favorite recipes that Brandie has on her amazing blog The Country Cook. We made it one night and it was an instant favorite. I’ll admit that I’ve plowed through several recipes of Brandie’s. In fact, her recipe for Shortcut Cheese Danishes is probably the reason I had to buy a size bigger pants last time. Anyway, I hope y’all enjoy visiting with Brandie today and be sure to check out all the great things she’s got g on over on her blog. Brandie, take it away…
Hello Southern Bite friends! First let me start off by saying a big THANK YOU to Stacey for letting me have some fun on his blog today. Stacey is busy getting ready for his little guy’s 3rd birthday so it was such an honor that he asked me to be a guest on his blog. I truly admire Stacey. He’s a working Dad that makes time to get great meals on the table for his family and somehow finds time to blog about them. And his food is good!
I’ll try not to be longwinded here so we can get to the good stuff, the food!
I came up with this recipe after eating it at a local restaurant. It’s always fun to get in the kitchen and try to recreate some of our favorite restaurant meals when we get home. The recipe title is just a play on words really, Spaghetti + Lasagna=Spasagna.
Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles very well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine alfredo sauce, mozzarella, milk, oregano and parsley. Stir well to combine.
While it cooks, start browning your ground beef in a medium sauce pan.
After pasta is finished cooking, remove foil and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes.
Unless you are completely impatient like me.
I will warn you, if you don’t allow the mixture to cool a bit before slicing, it can get just a bit runny on you (see below picture) but the taste is still fantastic!
- 1 (24 oz) Jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 (24 oz.) Jar Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup milk (2% or higher)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles very well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine alfredo sauce, mozzarella, milk, oregano and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add cooked and drained spaghetti noodles and toss to coat them completely.
- Place entire mixture into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- While it cooks, start browning your ground beef in a medium sauce pan.
- Once beef is brown and crumbled, drain well to remove excess grease.
- Over low heat add spaghetti sauce and mix. Put cover over sauce pan and allow the mixture to keep warm until pasta is ready.
- After pasta is finished cooking, remove foil and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes.
- Then you just cut out a slice and pour spaghetti sauce mixture on top, sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese, if you like, and then dig in.