Well, now that I’ve finally gotten the opportunity to share the BIG NEWS with you, I feel like I’ve had a chance to take a deep breath. It’s tough trying to keep a secret like that! Now my attention turns to writing and compiling a book worthy of all this excitement. So, if I seem scarce, y’all will just have to bear with me. I’m going to do my best to continue to get you new recipes each week, they may just not be filled with all of the usual rambling. 🙂 Some of you might actually like that. I’ll be sure to keep you updated on the book progress as well. March of 2014 sure seems like a long way away right now, but something tells me it will be here before I know it. I can’t even being tell you all how much all of your comments and emails of love and support have meant to me over the past week. I haven’t had a chance to respond to them all, but I will. I promise.
This is one of those recipes that you’ll just have to try to believe. We’ve been doing sour cream chicken enchiladas in our house for years, but this pie version is a new take. It’s really easy and filled with flavor. I just know that you’re going to enjoy it! Y’all enjoy…
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup prepared jarred salsa
- 1 (1.0 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 6 to 8 small corn tortillas (about 5.5 inch)
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- In a medium bowl combine the cooked chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning; mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl stir together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chilies, and granulated garlic.
- In a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate, spread a few tablespoons of sour cream sauce in the bottom. Top with a layer of tortillas, cutting some in half if necessary to make them cover the bottom of the dish. Top the tortillas with half of the chicken mixture. On top of the chicken mixture, spread half of the sour cream sauce, then 1 cup of Mexican cheese blend. Add another layer of tortillas, then repeat layers with remaining chicken, sour cream sauce, then cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and pie is heated through.
- Serve topped with your favorite salsa or enchilada sauce.