This post brought to you by Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Southern Bite.
You know that I’m always on the hunt for quick and easy recipes and short cuts to help get home cooked food on the table. Often times that means using a slow cooker. There’s just something awesome about easy prep in the morning and coming home to a meal that’s ready to eat. The folks at Campbell’s have made that even easier with their Slow Cooker Sauces. After all, it’s just like they say, Campbell’s – Made for Real, Real Life, and my life is just about as real as it gets. 🙂 The Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauces are also awesome for game day gatherings with friends. Meals with Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauces are delicious and so easy to make. Just 5 minutes of prep time is all it takes.
In varieties like Tavern Style Pot Roast, Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork, Beef Stew, Southern BBQ, Sweet Korean BBQ, and Hawaiian Pork, there’s something for everyone. I’ve used several of these before, but decided to give the Sweet Korean BBQ a try in these Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Tacos. This is one of those recipes that even impressed me. There’s so much flavor and they are just so easy to make. These make the perfect game day snack because they are so simple to make and they feed a crowd. Depending on how much chicken you use in each taco, you can get 10 or more out of this one batch. And right now, you can visit Campbell’s Sauces to get a great coupon for these time-saving, delicious sauces.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13-ounce) package Campbell's Sweet Korean BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- tortillas (corn or flour)
- Place the chicken breasts into a 6-quart slow cooker and pour the sauce packet over them. Place the lid on and cook on low for about 4 hours. Once cooked through, use two forks to shred the meat in the slow cooker and mix well with the cooking liquid.
- To make the slaw, combine the garlic, oil, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ground ginger in a small bowl. Toss with the broccoli slaw mix in a larger bowl.
- To assemble the tacos, place the shredded chicken on the tortillas and top with the slaw mix. You can also make a spicy sour cream sauce by combining some sour cream with a little sriracha to taste and drizzle it over the top. Garnish with a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro.