Y’all know I’m always on the lookout for inexpensive ways to get a home-cooked meal on the table for my family. So, when I was in Walmart last week, I saw these new McCormick Skillet Sauces over in the section with the packaged mixes and gravies, I knew I had to try them. There were seven different varieties, so being the lover of new products that I am, I went home with about 5 different ones. They all seem very easy to put together and only call for a couple ingredients.
Late Sunday evening, I was searching for something easy for supper when I remember the sauces in the pantry. Knowing what ingredients I had on hand, I decided to give the Sicilian Chicken sauce a try. The recipe calls for chicken breasts, olive oil, sliced mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and of course the sauce. I added some fresh green beans and some fettuccine to the menu and dinner was ready in less than 30 minutes!
I’ll admit I’ve tried a few of these pre-packaged kinds of time-saving sauces, but have never really been impressed. In fact, I’ve never bought any of the ones I tried again. But this one was different. It was super easy to make and my family and I really enjoyed the tangy tomato flavor and the basil was the perfect complement. In fact, they’ve already asked when we’ll be trying the Sesame Chicken Stir Fry version!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get a home-cooked meal on the table with lots of flavor, you should try these new McCormick Skillet Sauces. They are available in most Walmarts and grocery stores and with flavors like BBQ Chicken, Sloppy Joe, Chili, and Fajitas, you’re sure to find something your whole family will love!
- 1 (9-ounce) package McCormick Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove from skillet.
- Stir vegetables into skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sauce. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with cooked pasta, if desired.