Every year when Easter comes around, I just about break down the door to the store to get to those dad-blasted Heavenly Hash Eggs. You know… the marshmallow and almonds covered in chocolate? I am totally addicted to those things. I attribute my obsession to my mother, bless her heart. She put those things in my Easter basket every year. Well, she and I put our heads together to bring y’all these delicious Heavenly Hash Brownies. They are an ooey-gooey mess of deliciousness, but I promise they are worth the mess… and the calories.
You start with a boxed brownie mix and go from there, making them super easy. Now, you’re welcome to make your own brownies from scratch. But who has the time? It’s okay to cut corners every now and then… right!?!? ~grins~
Y’all, you’ll have to bear with me this week. I’m gonna be away from Southern Bite more than normal. I’m super busy with work and a few little side projects I hope I’ll be able to share with y’all soon. So, bear with me. You’ll still get some great recipes, I just might not be as quick to respond to emails and comments as usual.
- 1 box of brownie mix prepared to box directions
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare brownies to package directions and remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Top with marshmallows and return to hot oven until marshmallows puff up and melt slightly.
- Remove from oven and top with almonds, cool.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine margarine, buttermilk, and cocoa powder. Cook until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and vanilla. Allow icing to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour icing over almonds and marshmallows. Allow to cool completely before cutting. (Regardless, they WILL be messy, but oh so good!)