What started as a little stomach pain last week became a full blown emergency resulting in me having to have an emergency appendectomy. But no worries, I’m recovering well and slowly getting back into the swing of things. I greatly appreciate all the love and prayers that have been sent my way! In the meantime, I’ve invited a few of my best blogging buddies to come over and share with y’all. I’m SO grateful for their help while I get back on my feet AND work on finishing up the manuscript in the next two weeks.
First up is Brandie from The Country Cook. She’s been gracious enough to share with y’all before and I know you’ll just love what she’s brought you today. Y’all be sure to jump over to her blog and visit her Facebook page to tell her thanks! Here’s Brandie…
I am so excited to be over on Southern Bite today.
I feel bad that it’s because my good friend Stacey is recovering from emergency surgery but I’m happy that he is recovering so well! I was honored that he would invite me over again to share another fun recipe.
The recipe I’m sharing today is an easy weeknight meal. Now that the weather is getting nicer and kid’s activities are picking up, it’s good to have a few go-to easy weeknight meals that maybe even your kids can help you make.
And what is great about this one is you can make it lots of different ways. Instead of ground beef you can use some shredded pulled pork. Or you can use ground turkey or chicken, whatever suits your fancy. Serve with some fresh veggies or a crisp, green salad and you have a filling and family-friendly meal.
I hope y’all will love it as much as we do.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp. dry minced onion
- 1 (12oz.) tube refrigerated biscuits (see notes below)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, brown and crumble ground beef. Turn off heat and drain excess grease from ground beef.
- Put ground beef back in pan and add in BBQ sauce and dried minced onion. Stir well.
- Separate biscuits and place into greased muffin tins. Press dough up and along the sides.
- Divide meat mixture between muffins (you may have just a small amount leftover).
- Sprinkle each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad or your favorite veggie
Thank you again to Stacey for always being such a gracious host. I hope y’all will stop on over to my place sometime and say hello. I sure would love to have you visit.
Also, if you’d like full step by step photos for this recipe, you can view it here.