Hey y’all! I showed you a sneak peek of this one on Facebook earlier this week and got some hate mail for teasing y’all like that, so here it is. I don’t have step-by-step photos of this one and here’s why: Last week I was asked to develop some recipes for a local magazine. I was so honored and thrilled just to be asked. So I jumped at the chance. But it turns out that 3 sticks of butter and4 cups of sugar isn’t quite as healthy as they were hoping for. Nonetheless, I put another great recipe together for them and now I can bring this one to y’all! the great part about this recipe is that if you’re not a raspberry fan, you can substitute blueberries, blackberries, or even strawberries to suit your taste.
Crust and Topping
1½ cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
3 sticks unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
4 large eggs
2 ½ cups sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ cup milk
3 cups fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and butter a 9X13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and flour for the crust and topping mixture. Add the butter and cut in using a fork or pastry cutter until combined. This step can also be done in a food processor.
3. Measure out 1½ cups of the crust and topping mixture and place in the refrigerator for the topping. Press the remainder of the crust and topping mixture into the bottom of the buttered baking dish and press with fingers to form a crust. Bake the crust for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven a low to cool for 10 to 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
4. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, cream cheese, flour, and milk until combined well. Clumps of cream cheese may remain. Gently fold in raspberries. Pour mixture over prepared crust and spread to cover.
5. Remove the remaining crust and topping mixture from the refrigerator and crumble over top of raspberry filling. Return to 350 degrees F oven to bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and middle is set. Allow to cool completely before slicing.