Doing a little research, I found that there’s also some concern about eating raw flour – that it might contain pathogens. So eating it is at your own risk. That said, there’s some evidence that suggests heat treating the flour will eliminate the bacteria. Various methods include microwaving it, toasting it in a large skillet, or even baking it. I’ll let you make a decision about what’s best for your family.
I know what’s coming next… “Can you bake this?” Yes, but I’d recommend adding an egg and about an additional 1/2 cup of flour. But it’s cookie dough. And that’s the point. Just eat it. Y’all enjoy! 🙂
- ½ cup unsalted better (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together then mix in the vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Transfer to a sealable container and keep refrigerated.