I know one of the things that brings me joy is spending time with my family and friends. And in the summer there’s no better way to do than with a delicious barbecue – poolside, lakeside, or just in your backyard. There’s just something about everyone gathering to relax and share… and eat! One of the things my mom always shows up with is her Corn Salad. It’s a light and refreshing side that is perfect for any summer meal, just like the delicious and refreshing flavor of Mike’s Hard Lemonade. Mike’s is incredibly light and with so many flavors I know there will always be something for everyone to enjoy, making it the ideal refreshment for a summer of grilling and barbecues.
Now, let’s make some Corn Salad!
Make the dressing by combining the mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
In a larger bowl, combine the corn, onions, chilies, and tomatoes. (Be sure to see the note in the recipe if you want to substitute fresh corn for the canned.)
Stir to get everything all combined.
Add the dressing and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to allow all the flavors to blend and get happy together. Served chilled.
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (11-ounce) cans white shoepeg corn, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking the mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, onions, chilies, and tomatoes. Add the dressing and stir to combine. Refrigerate for an hour or 2 to allow the flavors to develop. Served chilled.