Well, I’ve had another one of those “my-child-is-growing-up-how-am-I-ever-going-to-be-able-to-handle-this” moments. Y’all bear with me while I whine a little. Last night, my child started calling me “Dad.” Now, I’ve had another one of these moments, but this one seems a little different. I figured I’d be “Daddy” at least until he was 10 or so. But when I questioned my new title, he simply replied, “Dad, I’m too old to call you ‘Daddy’.” Now we’ve certainly been going through one of those “babies do that, I’m a big boy not a baby” phases, but I never imagined it would result in this. My heart hurts thinking we’ve already outgrown that “Daddy” phase. Don’t get me wrong, I just adore watching his little personality grow and develop, I’m just wondering why it has to happen so fast. Surely I’m not the only parent like this. I think I need meds. 🙂
Speaking of my little guy, his favorite food in the whole world is mac and cheese. Here’s a jazzed up recipe that’s perfect as a main course. Your family will love this super easy, super tasty casserole. You might even win over those picky eaters with this one. With cheese, bacon, and ranch… how can you go wrong?!?!?
- 1 lb elbow or corkscrew macaroni, cooked per package instructions
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 – 10.75 oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup prepared ranch dressing, divided
- Combine cooked macaroni, chicken, crumbled bacon, cheese soup, cheese, garlic, salt and 1 cup ranch dressing in a very large bowl; mix well.
- Turn out into a greased 9X13 casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Top with remaining ¼ cup ranch dressing and serve immediately.