The BIG News…

Pin this Post on Pinterest Share on Facebook

Big NewsFor a few weeks now, I’ve been hinting around about a big announcement. No, not big… HUGE! Since late October, I’ve been running around like a little boy who knows what your Christmas present is, just wanting to tell you but knowing I can’t. For years now, I’ve been pouring my heart and soul into this blog – sharing the food and stories of my family. I’ve SO enjoyed sharing my life with you all and giving you the easy recipes that I grew up with. And to tell you the honest-to-goodness truth, the sweet comments from y’all have made it all worthwhile. That doesn’t even begin to mention the amazing relationships I’ve made with folks like my dear friend Christy Jordan from Southern Plate and Miss Peggi from Iowa Park, Texas. Just seeing the numbers on the stat counter and knowing that there were folks on the other side visiting the site and printing the recipes just fills my heart with joy. Regardless of how many comments I get each day, I still get just as excited as the time I got the very first one. But it appears that there were other folks looking at the blog, too. Apparently, an editor with Thomas Nelson (a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing Group) was visiting as well. And one fateful Thursday afternoon, I got the email.

Are you ready for the big announcement? (Deep breath…) Folks, it appears I’m going to be writing a cookbook! Yep, I’m a surprised as you are. Sure the thought had crossed my mind, but I figured I’d be gray with grandbabies before I took that route. But I am thrilled beyond belief to be able to extend the Southern Bite family. You cannot begin to imagine how humbled I am to have this opportunity before me.

At this point the details are still in the works, but right now we are expecting a Spring 2014 release date. The book will be filled some of the best recipes from SouthernBite.com but will also have more than 60 new, exclusive recipes. And one of the things that I’m most excited about is that one whole chapter will be filled with your recipes! And I’m just tickled pink to be able to feature some of YOUR favorite recipes! Click here for more information on the “Best of the Bite” Reader Recipe Contest, for the Official Rules, and to submit your recipes.

Folks, I just can’t even begin to try to make you understand how appreciative I am for each and every one of you. Without the readers, Southern Bite would just be another obscure food blog in the ginormous blog-o-sphere. But because you took notice and came back, other folks did too. You know, it’s pretty funny. Growing up, I was always told that I could be anything that I wanted to be, but a writer was never one of my aspirations. My Mom tells me that around 3, I decided I wanted to be a garbage man. She used to always say, “Well, you just be the best darn garbage man there is.” Sure, I went through the architect, marine biologist, and lawyer phases… but writing was just never my thing. It was difficult for me. That is, until I found my passion. Now, writing about food is easy because I love it. And it sure helps knowing that there’s someone on the other side of the computer reading it. So, the debt of gratitude I feel, is to my readers. Without you there would be no SouthernBite.com and certainly no upcoming cookbook. I just want to reach out and just squeeze your necks. Seriously, I owe each and every one of you a big ol’ hug. Maybe when we get this thing published, I can get to working on that…

staceysignature

Don't miss a single recipe! Subscribe to my email list.

Read Newer Post
Read Older Post

Comments

1. Amber Hansen says:

I am soooo happy for you! You deserve this! Can’t wait to get the cookbook!!

2. Congrats. It will be so good to have the recipes in one place and at the ready. Can’t wait. Always good recipes

3. I’m pretty new to this site, I found you through a friend on Facebook. But I love your recipes and I am so excited for this new adventure for you. I can’t wait for it to hit the book shelves. CONGRATULATIONS!!

4. So very excited! Best to you as this journey continues!

5. Misty Corrales says:

Stacey, you know I am proud beyond belief at this accomplishment, and I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to buy my own autographed copy of your cookbook. You will sign it, right? :) Have fun writing your cookbook — it will be delicious fun for you and your friends!

6. Tracey Pullum says:

Very happy for you!!! I hope you sell millions of copies! I know I will want one!

7. So happy for you!!!!!

8. Congratulations!!!! How wonderful!

9. Katie Bulger says:

Woo Hoo! Congratulations to you! I will be one of the first to purchase a copy. Love your blogs and recipes!

10. awwww, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

11. Congratulations! Sending you positive thoughts and prayers for a great journey…

12. Congratulations !!! What a dream come true !! Can’t wait for the cookbook !!

13. WOW!! I am psyched!! I love the recipes you share!! Only bad thing about it….is having to wait so darn long for it to happen!! Seriously??!! 2014?? Can’t wait….Congratulations!!

14. That is awesome. Congratulations!

15. Wow! Wonderful news and richly deserved. Can’t wait to get my copy next year. Serious, I can’t wait. Can you speed it up? Congrats & God bless! =^..^=

16. Bonnie Milam says:

YAY! for you and us!

17. Terry Lundy says:

Stacey, Your well deserve it. I have made so many of your recipes and love them. I want your book.
    TerryFromMn

18. Danielle D. says:

Congrats!!!! God blesses us all greatly!

19. That is GREAT news! So very happy for you. Can’t wait to get a copy!!! :-)

20. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !
    You are so deserving of this. I absolutely love your blog and will be one of the first proud owners of your book. Keep us posted on your progress.

P.S. Glad you decided against the garbage man and chose food writer instead ;-D

21. Congratulations! So happy about your news. Love your
    recipes. Looking forward to getting the book.

22. CONGRATULATIONS!

23. Liz Schneider says:

You know we will be first in line to purchase! Congrats!

24. OHHHH, I am so excited for you, and, as so many others have said, I can’t wait to get the cookbook. Congrats to you and your entire family!

25. Sharon Washington says:

Congrats!!!!! You deserved this !!!! I will be one of the first to purchase!

26. That’s awesome! Really looking forward to your cookbook! Congratulations!!!

27. I am so very happy for you, I can’t wait for your book to come out. I LOVE this site and the recipes. You really deserve this. Continued blessings to you and your family.

28. Wonderful news, looking forward to adding your cookbook to my “southern collection”. Know your family must be so very proud of you!

29. YIPPEE!!!

30. Wanda Brasher says:

Oh happy day, Congratulation

31. Yay! You deserve it! I love the blog and have so many recipes that have come from you, it had to be just a matter of time! So glad for you!! You can be sure I will be in line right from the start to get my copy!!

32. Leigh Owens says:

That is awesome, Stacy!! I cannot wait for the cookbook to be released. Will definitely be sitting on the shelf with the other cookbooks. Congrats to you!!

33. Stacey, I am so very proud of you and this great accomplishment!! You were a hero to me when you were way back in Jr. High school (yes, I still remember!) God is blessing you! Congratulations, well done!!
    I can’t wait to add your book to my shelf along with Ina, Rachel, and Southern Living!

• Thanks, Mrs. Stacy! You are so right, I am so blessed in so many ways. I’d be flattered to have my book on that shelf with such great company!!

34. CONGRATULATIONS!!

35. I hope it has lots of pictures! I love for cookbooks to have great pictures!

36. Wow!!! What an awesome honor. I’m looking forward to adding your cookbook to my collection…and, of course, I can’t wait to see the new exclusive recipes.

37. Congratulations. You deserve it and we can’t wait to get your book.

38. How exciting!!! So happy for you! I’d like to go ahead and reserve an autographed copy!!!! :-)

39. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very deserving honor!! Love your recipes, they are simple, southern and delicious!!! I’m excited everytime you post a new one, most get “pinned”!!!

40. Faith Hanley says:

What wonderful news…it seems I am not alone in wishing you congrats!!! Maybe writing wasn’t your ‘thing’ but when I read your posts I always feel like I am listening to you from across the kitchen table, coffee in hand.

41. Here is just one more … CONGRATULATIONS!!!

42. What a wonderful way to start a new year. Can’t wait. So, so proud of and for you. Keep the news coming.This will be a great cookbook.

43. Can’t wait! Love your Beef Stew recipe!

44. Congratulations!!! So happy for you and I am counting the days till I can pre-order it on Amazon. Good Luck, you deserve it.

45. Congratulations! Can’t wait to get it!

46. alice jackson says:

Stacey you do not know how proud of you i am. So very happy for you. Love you buddy

47. Gail Dormon says:

Great news!!!! Can’t wait till 2014–Christy and you are such great people with inspirations for us!

48. Martha Reaves says:

WOW and congratulations. I can’t wait for the book. By the way I made the almond cream cheese coffee cake this weekend and it was to die for. I did make a little change, I used almond extract instead of vanilla. It was yummy.

49. Claudine Bratcher says:

Oh, Stacey a BIG congratulations to you! I, too will surely want to get one of your cookbooks as soon as it comes out! I really do enjoy your recipes and reading your stories! Keep up the good work.

50. Awesome! Congratulations!!!!

51. Really proud of you Stacey. I can’t wait for this to happen. When you are famous and on TV doing these cookingshows I love to watch, I’ll be saying, I used to travel all over the state with him and Laugh and Laugh and Laugh. Congrats to you. Tell Heather I’ll be praying for her patience with you during this time.

52. Way to Go Stacey!!! Congrats on your Cookbook! I can’t wait until it comes out!

53. CONGRATULATIONS Stace! This is very exciting. I can’t wait to one one of the cookbooks.

54. I knew God was working to give you a special reward through the person he picked to deliver this to you. You make a lot of people laugh and have a good day through your blog as well as help people become good cooks through your delicious recipes. You are a good example to stay true to your beliefs and treat people good and do your calling. I can’t wait for your first cookbook to be published for I will be one of those readers standing in line. What a great excitement to read the huge news about you today!!!!!

55. see i ask you when you were going to get one printed, knew you would, just did not know when….congratulations and remember I told you I wanted to be the first one to get your cookbook. Still enjoying the cookbook I won on your site.Good luck

56. Samantha Sullivan says:

Congratulations! That is awesome!

57. Diane L. Lee-Strong says:

Congratulations on the cookbook! I cannot wait to buy a copy or 2….God Bless You and your family!!

58. Congratulations! That Is great news! Looking forward to your cookbook.

59. : D Big smile and a huge congratulations to you! I’m excited for you and cannot wait to buy my copies…gotta have some to pass on to my girls when they grow up! Best to you and thank you for sharing your wonderful news!

60. Yayyyyy!!!

61. AWESOME!!! I just can’t wait. You deserve this and really surprised it hasn’t happened earlier. Way to go!

62. Congratulations! I can’t wait to have your new cook book as my very own. Keep us updated. Thanks

63. Congratulations!! That’s what is wonderful about America…with hard work most anything is possible.

64. Joe Allen Turner says:

Congratulations, Stacey, on the BIG upcoming event in 2014. I look forward the publication of your cookbook.

65. YAY!!! Stacey!!!
    Wonderful news! Can’t think of anyone who deserves it more! Your recipes are always awesome. Your commentary is “food for the soul”!

I’m going to buy a bunch when they come out for myself & for gifts.

God has really blessed you!! :)

I am sooo proud FOR you & OF you!!!

66. Congratulations ~ this is awesome!

I have no idea why I haven’t found your blog before now but so glad I did. I’m a new follower and just sitting here drooling over your recipes. Thanks so much for sharing all the goodness!

Pat

67. Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment.

68. Chim Stewart says:

Congrats, Stacey! Can’t wait to buy several copies!

69. Hi Stacey, I got my cookbook today!! It looks great. I can’t wait to sit down and read it. I read cookbooks like most people read novels LOL. In fact, I am going to go start reading it right now.

Have a blessed evening and I wish you much success with your great book, you did an outstanding job.

Judy

Trackbacks

1. [...] now that I’ve finally gotten the opportunity to share the BIG NEWS with you, I feel like I’ve had a chance to take a deep breath.  It’s tough trying to [...]