Howdy, y’all! I feel like we haven’t really chatted in months. Things have just been crazy around our house and though they seem to be winding down some, they are just getting started in other respects. It seems like it was just a few months ago that I was posting about Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole and how my wife was going back to school to become a Nurse Practitioner. Now in just less than two weeks she’ll graduate from Auburn. It’s almost unbelievable – man how times flies! She’s even got her new job all lined up. I’m so proud of that girl I could just squeal. Now comes the whole deal of passing her boards. She’s been about elbow-deep in books all week and will be that way until the exam next Thursday. Y’all do me a favor and say a little prayer for her. I’d appreciate it and I know she would, too.
Here’s a quick an easy broccoli casserole that we just love at our house! It’s a great complement to almost any meal and it’s easy. It’s a win-win!
Every time I do anything with broccoli, I always think of this skit from Saturday Night Live…
- 2 – 10 oz packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers (like Ritz), crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook broccoli according to package directions and drain well.
- Combine broccoli, eggs, sour cream, mushroom soup, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and 1 cup of cheese; mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish (about 9×13) and topped with crushed crackers and several pats of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes until set. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheddar cheese; return to oven until cheese is melted.