So yesterday was National Eat a Peach Day! And in true Stacey fashion I’m a day late and a dollar short. But, this recipe is outstanding no matter what day it’s posted.
A few weekends ago, we were at my parents’ house for Sunday supper. After her usual over-the-top spread, Mom presented several desserts. Yes, I said several. In addition to the amazing, expertly prepared Oreo cheesecake, this cobbler was something she “just threw together.” Well, y’all know what an Oreo fan I am, but I have to say, this cobbler stole the show. It is, by far, the BEST cobbler I’ve ever had. Not to mention it’s ridiculously easy!
The trick here is to use a box of Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix. And while it’s not always the easiest to find, our local Wal-Mart almost always has it in stock, so hopefully you can find it close too.
- 6 to 7 peaches depending on size (4 cups sliced)
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 box Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter melted (1/4 cup)
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Add peaches to a medium sized pot and add water and 1/2 cup sugar. Cook over medium-low heat until peaches are soft (10 to 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and strain peaches into a greased 9X13 baking dish. Add 1/2 cup of liquid remaining in pot over peaches.
- Sprinkle with boxed cake mix.
- Top cake mix with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Using a butter knife, make swirls in baking dish to combine some of the dry ingredients with the peach juices below.
- Top with 1/2 stick melted butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until to top is golden brown and set.