The kitchen is my most favorite place to be and the only thing that makes it better is if I’m in the kitchen with my family and friends. The other day I had the opportunity to get in the kitchen with my Mom. We don’t do it often enough and it felt so good to be back in the kitchen where I learned to cook. To say that my mother inspired my love of food would be an understatement. I’m sure those Saturday mornings filled with rubbery scrambled egg breakfasts crafted by my 8 year old hands weren’t the best meals she had ever had, but they sure were special for me. Growing up, Mom cooked three meals a day; partly because she loved it, and partly because we couldn’t afford to go out to eat much. Her necessity became her passion and her passion became mine. (Thanks, Mom!)
This recipe is a family favorite that is sure to be a hit with your family too. The great thing about this casserole is its versatility. If you put it on a pizza, you can put it in this casserole. We kept it pretty simple this time, but I can imagine adding mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, artichokes, the list goes on and on.
I hope y’all enjoy!
- 12 oz bowtie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (we used the jarred kind already prepared)
- 16 oz jarred pizza sauce
- 3.5 oz pepperoni
- 10.75 oz can of cheddar cheese soup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot using package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef, sausage, onions, and garlic in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain grease and return to pan.
- Stir pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese soup, salt, and Italian cheese blend into meat mixture.
- Add meat mixture to pot with cooked pasta and combine.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13″ casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.