Folks, I have to admit, there probably isn’t a more perfect union in the world than chocolate and peanut butter. Ever since I was a kid, a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup has always been my favorite… and don’t even get me started on them introducing the “Big Cup” a couple of years back.
In the plethora of recipes that you awesome Southern Biters sent in for the Christy Jordon cookbook contest, this one stood out to me. Alana Jeffries submitted this recipe and claims that it tastes just like a Reese’s. I just couldn’t imagine y’all having to go another weekend without this deliciousness… I haven’t had a chance to take a picture of them, but I will. Thanks, Alana, for the four more pounds I’ll gain this weekend.
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- Mix 1 box powdered sugar and 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (you can make your own or buy these already as crumbs where graham cracker pie crusts are), set aside.
- In another bowl, melt in microwave 2 sticks margarine and 1 cup peanut butter (I like to sneak in a little more, but you can’t add too much or it will be too dry).
- Once melted combine with the sugar and crumbs.
- Mix well and press out in 9X13 pan.
- Melt bag of chocolate chips (I use microwave) and spread over peanut butter mixture.
- I usually stick in fridge for about an hour to help set up and then cut in to squares!